Peddler's Son Produce

I have been so excited for this trip to Peddler's Son Produce all week! One of our friends who also trains with my man, owns a produce distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona. He invited us to come check it out sometime, and we jumped at the opportunity. So here we are Saturday morning! 


The warehouse was huge, and full of color, a photographers dream! Not only do they supply high end grocery stores like AJ's, but they also supply many of the restaurants in the area. They are also looking to expand within the year to a warehouse that is 3 times the size of the current one. 



Ready for the tour!!!!!!


When the bananas get over ripened they are sold at discount to smoothie venders where an over ripe banana is just what they need.





 

I love pineapple, yep I took one of these home with me!


They had one cooler just for mushrooms... I didn't realize there were so many different kinds, shapes and names, and not to mention some of them are worth hundreds of dollars for a pound. (no I didn't take any of the expensive shrooms;)  


Broccolette!?!?!?!? I had never heard of it before today. 
I am very excited to make this as a side for dinner, (so be ready for a new post soon). 




Edible flowers, fun for fancy drinks or sushi! 







The wonderful world of HOT-N-SPICY! My man loves spicy food, in fact the spicier the better. After we got home he ate an entire aw jalapeno pepper, I am not sure why he did it, he just did... the yellow peppers are called scotch bonnets. Most Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville Units. For comparison, most jalapeƱo peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale

Another pepper we brought home with us but isn't pictured here, is the world's hottest chili pepper! A package of Dried Ghost Chili (Bhut Jolokia). I am not sure what I will do with the peppers but my husband will think of something. I did see on the wiki that they were used as non lethal weapon in hand grenades to flush out terrorists from their hideouts and to control rioters, and can also be found in pepper spray. 

So at least I have options in case ingesting them doesn't work out. 



FUN FACT - Hollywood Fries are the same potatoes used for In-N-Out Burger's fries!


They have an area for quality control to ensure freshness and taste, I would love a job that involves tasting fresh fruits and veggies all day! This is also where we were able to fill up our huge box of produce to take some goodies home.


The pass-off!





Now it is time to wash, cut, eat, and cook!
I hope you enjoyed the photos, and just an FYI it tastes better than it looks :)





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatza

Our first official photo shoot for Shark's Bites of Life

LCHF Tasty Drink