Climbmax



I am always looking for something new to try. So while discussing ideas with a friend, she told me about Climbmax a gym solely for rock-climbing. I have climbed once or twice before at my gym, but this place sounded a lot more intense, so I was in! At Climbmax you and your partner are the ones doing the belaying as one climbs. You have a test wall to make sure you understand what you are doing, then you are set loose to climb all over the place. Each wall is marked with a ranking so you can see how difficult each wall is. The practice wall starts at 5.5 which is the easiest rating. The highest difficulty level we ventured to was 5.11, and it was a challenge that is for sure. 

















Taking photos of us climbing was not easy to do, I didn't want my belayer with a camera in hand as I'm 20 feet high in the air, just in case I slipped I'd rather his hand on the rope;) 
So I had to ask for nearby climbers to assist with the photos. This was an awesome workout, both the climbing and belaying, I never thought I could hold up my husband who weights 200 + pounds. I think the leverage helped a tad! 

Comments

  1. that looks challenging. you were way up there! very cool. good pics :) looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meatza

Our first official photo shoot for Shark's Bites of Life

Peddler's Son Produce