Almond Crust Pizza

This is a great recipe for pizza crust if you ever get sick of the meat crust. I tend to alternate between the two!

This recipe is from an amazing food blogger Vanessa Romero, she has so many recipes that are low carb high fat and each one is delicious. Check it out for yourself at www.healthylivinghowto.com

Usually I buy almond meal from the bulk section at whole foods or sprouts, but today I ran out and had to improvise. I grabbed a bag of mixed raw nuts and threw them in my ninja food processor and ground them up. I had to make sure I didn't grind too much or it would have created nut butter rather than nut flour. Once I got it to the right consistency I mixed the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.

1 1/2 cup almond flour (or in this case mixed nut four)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Mix it all together, then roll it out on your pan under wax paper to keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Get it about 1/4 an inch and as even as possible so it cooks evenly. Bake it at 350 f for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown.

Once crust is ready, throw on the toppings. I like to add tomato sauce, fresh spinach, mozzarella, Kalamata olives, onion and peppers, nitrate free pepperoni, and more Italian cheeses. Then I toss it back in the oven on broil and cook for about 10 minutes till the toppings are nice and crispy!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatza

Our first official photo shoot for Shark's Bites of Life

Peddler's Son Produce