Aerial Yoga

I love to trying new things, especially when a workout is involved! I decided it was time to give aerial yoga a try. Yes, the yoga where you hang in various poses from the ceiling in silks. Great for someone who wants a bit of a challenge and to achieve a deeper stretch.

The class I took was called Fly Yoga, great for both beginners and advanced yogis! The studio only accepts donations so it is as affordable as you want it to be! Everyone grabs a mat and places it under a hanging silk that is the correct height for each individual. For the first half hour it is the basic yoga but with added difficulty, for example having one leg in the silk while holding a suspended plank or side plank then pull it up to a pike. (I enjoyed the challenge).  


Next you get to fly!! I dove right in trusting the silks wouldn't let me fall as long as I followed the instructor. (A bit of advice do not eat too much before you try aerial yoga, it can get ugly.) We did some upside down abs, splits, flying lotus, if you start to feel nauseous there is a pose to rest in called the I'm gonna puke pose to help you find your equilibrium.


The instructor was very friendly and even snapped a few photos for me. If you are in the Phoenix area and want to give it a try, check out Ra-Yoga you can guarantee yourself a spot by registering for a class online. 









Don't mind the dirty foot, bare foot + old wooden floor = dirty feet! 
Watch out cirque du soleil, here I come! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatza

Our first official photo shoot for Shark's Bites of Life

LCHF Tasty Drink